Thank you for using CampChamp!
What does the Policy cover?
The Personal Information we collect
We receive information about you from various sources, including:
Information you give us
- When you sign up for a CampChamp account, we require certain information such as your name, email address, username, and password.
- To use certain features of the Service, we may also ask you to provide information related to your children, including personal details, health data, contact details, and other information.
- When you communicate with CampChamp and with others on the CampChamp platform, we collect information about that communication.
- You may choose to enter your contacts’ information to access certain features of the Service, such as calendar coordination or inviting them to use CampChamp. You confirm that you have the consent of any contacts whose information you choose to enter.
- You may provide written comments and ratings to review a program and those comments and reviews are collected by CampChamp.
Information provided indirectly or by others
- If you register through a third-party service, we may collect Personal Information required to authorize your account.
- Generally, we automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the CampChamp platform. We may use this data in aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
- We may collect Personal Information from social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. We may receive information about you when you interact with our Service through various social media platforms. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
How we use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect to operate, maintain, personalize, and provide to you the Service. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, opt-in text messages, and push notifications and to permit other users of the Service to contact you. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, changes or updates to features of the Service, or other notices).
To facilitate bookings, Personal Information required for program registration may be provided to our Service Providers. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
To support and enhance the Service, we may send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information, including via text message or email. Such communications through the Service may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or location), may be based on the Service usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on third-party websites.
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention. We may disclose your Personal Information to a third-party purchaser in the event of an acquisition or change in control of CampChamp or its assets.
CampChamp may retain your Personal Information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes after the termination or deactivation of your user account.
We may use the Google AdWords or other remarketing services to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We may track your browsing behavior to better tailor suggestions and information for you.
Some third-party sites also keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
You can opt out of certain tracking by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, many websites (including our site) may not respond to such signals. There are also browser extensions that may block tracking. Again, they may not be effective in all cases.
Information about children under 13 years old
CampChamp never knowingly collects personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We may collect information about your children, including children under the age of 13, from you in order to facilitate your use of the Service to enroll them in programs. However, the Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide your contact information or any other personally identifiable information to CampChamp. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your information
Your account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing the Service.
We seek to protect your Personal Information to ensure that it is kept private and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Deleting your account
If you would like to delete your account, you may request to do so by emailing email@example.com. If you request to delete your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through by you. However, any public activity associated with your account prior to deletion (such as ratings and reviews) will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to contact us, you may reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.